Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday

Yesterday I made the perilous (see: this post) trip to Ikea, and...it was a success!! Despite only going for a shelf, I managed to not be tempted by the bed, the sheepskin rug, or the chaise, in hovby, that I'm sure I need. For under $300, though, we did come home with: a double bookcase with glass doors, a new coffee table, a woven rug, a cast iron skillet, three cereal bowls, two trash cans, and a partridge in a pear tree!

For my good behavior at Ikea, I was also rewarded (I like to think of it this way) with a trip to my absolute favorite vintage store: The Get Up. Located in Ann Arbor and run by two of the nicest people ever (Kelly McLeod and her husband Paul), The Get Up has an amazing stock to choose from: fabulous vintage tees (including hard-to-find 70s concert tees), cowboy boots of all sorts, stunning dresses, and pretty little accessories --






While there, I managed to pick up my now favorite sweatshirt that I'll likely have to wear for a week straight (those pesky "no shopping" resolutions don't seem to last long):



With a new location (215 S. State Street) on the ground floor, this pretty little vintage shop should be a "must visit" on your next trip to Ann Arbor.

6 comments:

jb said...

Wonderful blog!!- Rally enjoyed my visit- thank you

Anonymous said...

Congrats on resisting Ikea!!

And what a great sweatshirt - love it!

Unknown said...

Ahhh rows of orderly hangers on a rack...love it.

Juley said...

I want to build a shoe display like that!

No said...

you know...i have never set foot in ikea. I feel as if it would be a dangerous move on my part :-) That store is so organized I would be hesitant to do a look-see in fear of messing it all up.

Lesley said...

I want that rack of shoes!