Monday, December 28, 2009

After . the . Feast

This year has been a perfectly lovely holiday! We've split our time between Michigan (with my family) and Cleveland (with B.'s family). On Christmas we spent the day opening presents and eating way too much with my parents and my brother/his girlfriend. I hate to think about all of the calories, as we had four kinds of dessert: pumpkin pie, apple pie, carrot cake w/cream cheese frosting, and colorful Christmas cookies!

We also watched a program on Giant Squid, and then opened gifts -- I feel as though I got the best Christmas gifts possibly ever! B. gave me a piece of jewelry I've been lusting over: Jules the Octopus ring from Noir:





And then he and my parents & brother snuck about and got me the wallet I've been wanting for practically forever: a Louis Vuitton Zippy Organizer!!




It's the perfect wallet and also large enough that it can be used as a clutch as well!

Now we're in Cleveland, and we're a bit snowed in! A few inches came in over night, and today is a very blustery day indeed. We had loads of good food since we've been here though, and we've gotten to spend some time with B.'s sister (from New York) who we only get to see once or twice a year.

I hope that everyone else had a lovely holiday and that you'll tell me all about it!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shall afford will disagree with you

littledeadmommy said...

That octopus ring is great.
I'm near Cleveland..the snow isn't so bad....it's alot better than the winds and rain we had on Christmas day.

ItsAllAboutTheCats said...

Very glad that you had (and are having) a lovely Christmas! And Happy New Year to you!

Secondhand Stella said...

Wow, wonderful presents! Love the new ring! Your engagement ring is so pretty too!

Blicious said...

GORGEOUS wallet! mmmmmmmm!! congrats girl!

Rock N Revolution said...

GREAT presents!!!
LOVE the ring!

Jessica said...

Beautiful gifts! What a fun ring!

Teresa @ good-grace said...

oh my... so jealous! :)

The octo ring is sooo unique and fascinating. Although, I do have to say, your wedding ring is beautiful!!