Friday, July 30, 2010

Bathroom . Post . # . Two . Trillion...









I just can't help myself from collecting pictures of beautiful bathrooms. While it's often the simplest room in the house, if it's done well, there's something that's kind of timeless and stunning about the space.

Yesterday I was thinking about how our house is nearly getting to the point where we'll only have to do little things here and there, as time and money allow; many of the large cumbersome projects are out of the way. I was thinking about how this will be a great place to live for years to come.

But... I was also looking through design photos, and fawning over all of the amazing spaces out there, and wondering, "How can I live in just one place for the rest of my life when there are so many beautiful spaces out there?"

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to that; some people just kind of know when they've found someplace to really settle into, and others maybe have to keep moving around a little bit.

Which sort are you?

Pics: Birch & Lily, Emma's Design Blog, Desire to Inspire, White Trash Beautiful

5 comments:

Secondhand Stella said...

Ooo, I would love to have a tub right under a skylight.

Alexandra said...

I die for the bathroom with the skylight!

ItsAllAboutTheCats said...

I love my house, but always wonder about something else out there! These bathrooms are all wonderful!

drollgirl said...

oh, it must be nice to be ALMOST done with the home improvements. but then again, i understand how that can leave one wondering what to do next!

i rent, so i can't make too many big changes. but the little decor changes are still fun and pack a punch. and i am constantly on the prowl for more art, which changes a look instantly. unfortunately i have a LOT more art than wall space, but rotating art makes things look and feel fresh again.

and i WISH i had a bathroom that looked like any of the above! i have an AWFUL tub. just awful! bleh! it isn't even worth it to take a bath -- it is just that frustrating!

Fé... said...

2 trillion, seriously? Hahaha. But it's true that we can never get enough of wonderful restrooms right. It's such a sanctuary... These particular ones are lovely.